Maid Visa Renewal in Dubai
Dubai, the city of gold, has established itself as a business and an investment hub. To ease the day-to-day hassle of the working individuals, the government of Dubai issues maid visa. In the previous article we have already covered the visa stamping process for a maid visa, now let us have an overview on how to renew the maid visa in Dubai.
Any visa holds a defined time duration within which an individual can perform its work-related activities. Upon its expiry, it needs to get renewed to extend the period of stay. In this article, we will see how to renew a maid visa. But before moving forward, let’s first understand how a visa renewal process works.
What is Visa Renewal?
Visa renewal is a process wherein the period of stay gets extended for an individual to work in a nation. As mentioned above, the UAE Visa Renewal becomes a mandate for foreign expats to stay regarding their work or leisure purpose, let have a look at the renewal of a maid visa in Dubai.
How to Renew a Maid Visa in Dubai?
Since May 2018, it is no longer possible to renew a maid’s visa at Immigration. The Tadbeer Service Centres authorized by the MOHRE (Ministry of Human Resource and Emiratization) has become the new platform that looks into the matters of all domestic workers. It has made the renewal process easy and is also providing the flexibility to renew the visa through the offline and online platform. The total cost for the same is ranged between Dh 6,000 to Dh 7,000.
Prerequisites for Maid Visa Renewal in Dubai
The prerequisites for the renewal process are as follows:
- The sponsor must have a minimum salary of Dh 10,000
- The sponsor’s accommodation must include two bedrooms
- A copy of the passed medical test by the maid
What Are the Requirements for a Maid Visa Renewal?
A sponsor must possess all the above-stated prerequisites. Moreover, certain essentials are required for the renewal process of maid visa that is mentioned below:
- Maid’s original passport and residence visa
- Three photographs of the maid with white background
- Emirates ID of maid and sponsor
- Passport photographs of the sponsor
- Maid’s original Medical Certificate
- Original attested Marriage Certificate of the Sponsor
- Sponsor’s original passport, Bank Account Number (IBAN)
- Sponsor’s employment contract stating the salary duly signed by the Maid and Sponsor. Further, it needs to be scanned with the visa application
- Tenancy agreement attested through Ejari-the online system of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
- If the Sponsor is an investor, an agreement is required stating his shareholding, Copy of Trade License and Partner’s List.
- Electricity and Water Bill in the name of the applicant
- Maid’s labour contract stating salary
- Non-relation Certificate issued by the Consulate
What Is the Process of Maid Visa Renewal in Dubai?
The process of maid visa Renewal in Dubai takes place in the following order:
- Complete the renewal fee application form at any typing centre
- Submit all the documents to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA)
- The salary of the maid will be asked which must be entered into the updated Labour Contract
- Three copies of an Updated Labor Contract will be issued along with maid visa which is to be signed by both maid and the sponsor
- Next, a Residence Visa will be stamped in the maid’s passport that holds a validity of one year
- The renewed visa along with the Labour Card will be couriered to the sponsor by Empost within a duration of five working days
What Is the Fee Involved in the Process of Maid Visa Renewal in Dubai?
The renewal process of a maid visa in Dubai involves the following fees:
|Urgent Application (extra)
|Maid Visa Stamping Fee (includes 1-year visa fee and 2000 deposit)
|Emirates ID Fee (for 1 year)
Medical Certificate Fees
|Medical Insurance (annually)
|Normal (5 working days)
Apart from the aforementioned fees, the proof of refundable deposit paid in the previous visa application needs to be submitted. Your deposit will be refunded once your maid permanently leaves the nation, or else her visa will be transferred to another sponsor. You need to keep the receipt in a safe way to use it as a claim or show the Residency Offer as a Proof of Deposit each time of the renewal process.
Fine and Grace Period
The Grace period for renewal of a maid’s visa and Emirates ID is 30 days from the date of visa expiry. If the sponsor fails to do so, he needs to pay Dh25 per day for Visa and Dh 20 for ID at the typing centre.
Thus, it is seen that renewing a maid visa can be a tedious process. To ease the process, all you need to do is contact a visa consultant who will help you in renewing your maid’s Visa in an easy way.